Turner / Lathe Operator
Job Title: Turner / Lathe Operator
Division: Proclad International Forgings
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 6:00am-4.30pm (shiftwork may be required)
Contract : Full Time ( Part Time may be considered )
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Turner / Lathe Operator to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Outline of Roles & Responsibilities
Plan, develop and implement production department policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives.
- Experienced in the use of manual machining using horizontal borer/vertical Borer/ lathes.
- Interpret drawings as necessary.
- Contribute to continuously improve productivity & efficiency.
- Contribute to lean manufacturing ethos of good housekeeping principles.
- Ensure components are correctly identified and that traceability is maintained throughout the entire process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not restricted to):
In addition to your normal duties:
- Ensure all product is correct to specification and work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner as per company procedures.
- Ensure maximum productivity & adhere to Health & Safety procedures.
- Be proactive and Identify production related issues.
- Have the ability to problem solve and coordinate personnel and components efficiently and effectively throughout the production department.
- Adopt a flexible approach to overtime in line with the company's targets and goals.
- Operate a two shift system as production and customer requirements demand.
- Communicate clearly and directly with supervisors on expectations and objectives
Skills Experience and Qualifications
Operators are expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Time served Machine Operator
- Experience of manual horizontal Borer/vertical Borer / lathes
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong personality, well organised
- Self-motivated, well balanced
- Team player
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR either by post to FTV Proclad International Ltd, Viewfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RD, or through the website portal. This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.