Trainee Health and Safety Coordinator (Modern Apprentice)
Throughout our 40-year history, Proclad Group has made a commitment to research and development and has applied continuous training to ensure its attention to the environment and remain a world leader in CRA clad technology. Today, that ethic has made the company a world manufacturing leader and has allowed it to greatly expand its operations and services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team, reporting to the Group Health & Safety Manager and working as a valued element of a high performing health and safety team. A full driving licence is preferred however not essential, as the role involves Occasional travel to our sites within the Glenrothes and Livingston areas. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Outline of Roles & Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not restricted to)
The successful candidate will work as part of the Health and Safety Team and will carry out a range of Health & Safety activities. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development.
The duties will include a degree of office work however a larger percentage of the role will be made up of on the job hazard identification and safety inspections/site visits, these inspections will be carried out within a challenging manufacturing and engineering environment.
· Communicating and promoting a positive health and safety ethos and culture
· Assist as an auditor for OHSAS 45001 and ISO 14001.
· Assist in the delivery of in house Training sessions
· Keep training records and training matrix accurate and up to date
· Support in the compilation of Risk and COSHH Assessments
· Support the Health & Safety Manager to compile and deliver a HSE Strategy which meets the ongoing needs of the business
· Assist in Managing and maintaining all elements of HSE
· Planning and carrying out site safety audits/inspections and updating systems with information promptly
· Support to operations teams with regards to HSE issues
· Acting as facilitator during accident investigations
· Managing and delivering safety inductions for visitors and new employees, carrying out all aspects of administration in line with the preparation of documents
· Working with site operatives to improve site safety
· Ensuring that safety issues are addressed and communicated to relevant stakeholders
· Keep up to date with HSE Legislation, updating HSE documents as required
· All aspects of administration required within the role
· Complete all aspects of training associated with the role in a timely manner
You will be predominantly based at the FTV Proclad Headquarters, but you will be expected to travel on occasions to other sites in the Glenrothes area and occasional visits to Livingston.
- Essential: 4 standard Grades at bands 1-3 (including English and Maths) or 4 national 5’s A-C (including English and Maths) or SVQ Level 2 in Business & Administration, or equivalent. Alternatively, hold 4 standard grades (grade 3 or above)
- In accordance with Government Guidelines, you will need to be aged 16-24 (at the point of starting the Apprenticeship) to qualify for this position.
- We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
- On completion of the apprentice program the candidate will be eligible for entry to IOSH (institute of occupational safety and health) at technical member Level, allowing for continued professional development in the Health and safety field
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to HSEdepartment@ftvproclad.co.uk This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.