Project Engineer Welding and Fabrication
Location: FTV PIL, Glenrothes, UK
Reporting to:P General Manager
Hours of Work: Full-time/Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying
Are you ready for an exciting and challenging opportunity? We’re looking for someone who is able to work to support the business strategy and ready to roll up their sleeves and get the job done as required.
The role would suit a self-motivated, solutions focused, target driven and resilient individual.
Outline of Role
As part of the Project Management team as a Project Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of the allocated project(s) aimed at achieving on time delivery of a quality product within budget and delivering customer satisfaction through the facilitation of cross functional teamwork and applied continuous improvement activities.
Remuneration and Benefits
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. The benefits of employment include to 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary, discounted membership of public gyms within the Fife area and Life Assurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer’s role is to lead a Project from engagement to completion and be accountable for all aspects of the delivery. The role is responsible for ensuring all activities are planned and executed to the highest standard to meet:
- The project start dates through the facilitation of cross functional team work to deliver the pre-production deliverables.
- Delivery of Projects to the agreed timescales and quality requirements.
- Work closely with the planning team to build delivery programmes and monitor progress.
- To project manage the principal sub contracts.
- To validate the engineering masters and prepare the Job Instructions within the ERP system.
- To prepare regular progress reports for the client.
- As the prime client contact, manage the interface and responses on all client communication including technical queries, driving customer satisfaction improvements.
- To deliver the project within budgeted costs, presenting projected margins at management weekly review and ensuring scope variations and risk exposure and captured and commercial managed.
Desired Experience and Personal Qualities
- Experience in Welding/Fabrication preferably for Subsea projects
- Experience in Projects and / or Program Management (preferably Oil & Gas background).
- Experience within a customer focused organisation delivering continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- High level of organisational and planning skills.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Team worker.
Education and Training
- Educated to degree level with engineering or relevant experience is desirable.
- Skilled user of MS Office.
- This role will entail cover and support to the Project Engineering Manager and other Project Engineers as required.
To apply, send your CV, your salary expectation and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.