Product Design Engineer
Location: ITS, Glenrothes, UK
Hours of Work: Full-time: 37 hours (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Design Engineer to join our team at our Glenrothes facility and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The focus of the role will be to apply a technical knowledge to the design and engineering of our present and future controlled boring and contouring product portfolio. The successful candidate would also be involved in the application and preparations of Sales Project schematics using the portfolio as well as animations and schematics for Sales and Marketing of the portfolio.
Innovative Tooling Solutions is a worldwide market and technological leader in the manufacture of the ITS Controlled Boring System (CBS) and ITS Contouring Heads (CH).
A market competitive salary will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to be able to plan, develop and implement departmental policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives. An individual will need to:
- Contribute to continuously improve productivity & efficiency.
- Contribute to LEAN manufacturing ethos of good housekeeping principles.
- Ensure components can be correctly identified from your designs and that traceability can be maintained throughout the entire process.
- Ensure all product design is correct to specification and work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner as per company procedures.
- Design products to ensure maximum productivity & adhere to Health & Safety procedures.
- Be proactive and able to identify production related issues.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate shall need to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to be:
- Time served Product Design Engineer.
- Qualified to a minimum of HND level in an engineering discipline.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related discipline.
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Pro Engineer Wildfire or equivalent.
- Have a sound knowledge of metal cutting technology with an emphasis on medium to heavy engineering.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to adapt to different situations which may require flexibility on working hours.
- Able to be proactive, problem solve and coordinate your workflow efficiently and effectively.
- Able to build strong working partnerships both internally and externally with the ability to oversee projects to successful conclusions.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ensuring best works practices are employed.
- Ensure departmental policies on Health and Safety are being adhered to.
- Promote company values at all times.
- Assist in training where and when necessary.
- To ensure that customer requirements are being met.
To apply, send your CV, your salary expectation and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.