Location: Glenrothes, UK
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Division: DDL Pumps & Spares
Hours of Work: Full-time: Monday to Thursday 8am-4.30pm, Friday 8am–1pm
Salary & Benefits: DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying
Overview of Company
Dawson Downie Lamont design and manufacture Reciprocating Pumps and associated spare parts in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standard for the oil & gas, petrochemical and marine industries worldwide. The company has now over 110 years of experience in pump technology as well as being one of a few companies worldwide that specialise in the manufacture of Direct Acting Steam / Gas Driven Reciprocating Pumps.
Overview of Role
Precise fit, assembly, testing and preparation for shipment of Dawson Downie Lamont steam and electric drive reciprocating pumps. Strip down and inspection of pumps for overhaul and repair.
Outline of Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform assigned duties in a timely and safe manner
- Mechanical fitting of pump components and assemblies, including the precise fit of shafts, seals, gear reduction units, rotating and reciprocating assemblies.
- Prepare pumps for hydrostatic and performance testing
- Undertake pump tests and co-ordinate with third part inspection when required
- Work in a team environment
- Maintain and use equipment as designed
- Ability to accurately measure and record mechanical components from pumps, gear boxes and drive equipment
- Ensure work is carried out to quality and customer specification requirements whilst maintaining delivery schedule
- Contribute to manufacturing and good house-keeping principals
Education and / or Experience
- Time served engineer
- Experienced mechanical fitter
- Experience of Industrial Painting would be advantageous
- Previous experience with forklifts, overhead cranes, lifting slings
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong personality, well organised
- Self motivated, well balanced
- Team player
To apply, send your CV and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.