Location: FTV PIL, Glenrothes, UK
Hours of Work:Full-time shift work (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits:£Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a QA/QC Inspector to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
Due to current success in securing orders we are currently looking to recruit a QA/QC Inspector to join our team at our Glenrothes facility. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 27 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure all incoming goods are verified by means of inspection in accordance with purchase order and works order requirements and specifications.
- Assist the Quality department in the manufacturability review of all drawings with regards to the inspection activity required to ensure productions are verified in accordance with customer requirements and specifications.
- Ensure that customer’s products are verified by means of inspection in accordance with customers’ requirements and specifications.
- Report any non-conformances, product or process, in a timely manner to the QA department. Perform in process inspection during manufacture when required.
- Maintain and control the calibration of all internal inspection equipment, report any damaged or misused equipment to the QA Department.
- Operate the CMM machine for inspection purposes and program where necessary (specific training will be provided when required).
- Operate the FARO Arm for in process and final inspections.
- Ensure all inspection areas are maintained in a safe and tidy condition.
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All aspects of administration required within the role.
Education/Experience - The ideal candidate will possess:
- Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship or employed as a QC Inspector demonstrating ability to carry out the role.
- Experience in a medium to heavy Engineering environment. (preferably Oil and Gas)
- Previous experience of using Gauge maker measuring Equipment an advantage.
- Familiar with operation of CMM equipment.
- A good working knowledge of basic trigonometry and the interpretation of drafting symbols.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, Word etc.)
- Ability to work as part of the inspection team and on own initiative.
- Must be flexible and wherever possible, to work shift patterns and when required to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.