Project Engineer – Contract Manufacturing
Location: FTV PIL, Glenrothes, UK
Reporting to: Project Engineering Manager
Hours of Work: Full Time/ Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £DOE – Please state salary expectations when applying
Outline of Role
As part of the Projects team in the role of Project Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of their project(s). This will be focussed on, On Time Delivery, Quality and Budget whilst delivering Customer Satisfaction through the facilitation of cross functional teamwork and continuous improvement activities.
Remuneration and Benefits
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. The benefits of employment include to 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary, discounted membership of public gyms within the Fife area and Life Assurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The essence of the role is to lead a Project from engagement to completion and be accountable for all aspects of the delivery. The role is responsible for ensuring all activities are planned and executed to the highest standard in order to meet the following aspects:
- Project start dates, through the facilitation of Kick off meetings and Pre Production Meetings and associated deliverables.
- Review of the project specifications, drawings and requirements to ensure that we are compliant to customers purchase order
- Work closely with the planning team to build delivery programmes and monitor progress.
- To project manage the principal sub contracts and raise the required purchase orders within the system.
- To validate the engineering masters and prepare the Job Instructions within the ERP system.
- To prepare regular progress reports for the client.
- As the main client interface you will be responsible for all communication with the client this will include, but is not limited to, technical queries, schedule, and delivery.
- There will be times when travel to client’s offices is required.
- Weekly internal Project Meetings
To deliver the project within budgeted costs, presenting projected margins at management weekly review and ensuring scope variations and risk exposure and captured and commercial managed
Desired Experience and Personal Qualities
- Experience in Project Management (preferably Oil & Gas background).
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing environment preferably machining and welding.
- Experience in small volume quick turn customer orders
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience within a customer focused organisation delivering continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- High level of organisational and planning skills.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Team worker.
Education and Training
- Educated to degree level or relevant work experience
- Skilled user of MS Office.
- This role will also entail cover and support to the Project Engineering Manager and other Project Engineers as required.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.