Fitter / Installation Engineer
Job Title: Fitter / Installation Engineer
Division: Innovative Tooling Solutions
Hours of Work: Full-time: 37 hours on shifts (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fitter / Installation Engineer to join our team at our Glenrothes facility and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Innovative Tooling Solutions is a worldwide market and technological leader in the manufacture of the ITS Controlled Boring System (CBS) and ITS Contouring Heads (CH).
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to be able to plan, develop and implement production department policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives. A competitive wage will be paid. To work to customer specifications, an individual will need to:
Fitting, Assembly, Test and Repair
Develop and implement fitting policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives.
- To fit / assemble component parts in line with JIs requirements.
- Carry out testing of ITS tooling in line with departmental procedures.
- Carry our product repairs assessments and associated repairs/tests in line with departmental procedures.
- Complete all applicable inspection reports.
- To comply and operate within the stores, Inspection and Kitting procedures.
- Contribute to continuously improve product development.
- Ensure that product is correct to specification.
- Ensure that work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assembly method and test procedure development in line with product portfolio.
- Book on and off applicable JIs tasks in line with applicable procedure and codes.
- Contribute to continuously improve efficiency and productivity.
- Contribute to lean manufacturing ethos of good housekeeping principles.
- Comply with and adhere to Health and Safety procedures.
- Adopt a proactive approach to the task, have the ability to problem solve and coordinate components and assemblies through the department when necessary.
- In addition to your normal duties, ensure all products are correct to specification and work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner as per company procedures.
- Ensure maximum productivity & adhere to Health & Safety procedures.
- Be proactive and identify production related issues.
Installation, Commissioning, Repair and Service
Installation, Commissioning, Repair and Service of ITS Tooling portfolio at customer premises worldwide.
- Ensuring a professional and efficient service is provided on all aspects of ITS tooling on the customer premises.
- Provide information and training on the loading and unloading of the tools.
- Provide information and training on the assembly and disassembly of the tools.
- Provide information and training on programming techniques associated in the use of the tools.
- Provide information and training on cutting parameters associated with the tools.
- Provide information and training on the service schedule and maintenance of the tools.
- To liaise with ITS sales department and customer to determine and plan scope of work in advance of planned visitation to customer site, including tooling requirements.
- To liaise with end user ref introduction of self pre visit.
- To organise and plan travel itinerary for customer site visit.
- To ensure that all health and safety rules and regulations are observed and adhered to both on site at ITS and whilst visiting customer premises
- To develop the documentation and literature for on-site visits.
- To develop on site visit schedule and contribute to product manual / product after sales literature development.
- To take photos and video of installation / tool on machine / component being machined by tool etc. as applicable & as requested by ITS Engineer and agreed with customer.
- To present applicable Sales information / After Sales information and associated updates of ITS portfolio to customer.
- Comply with and adhere to host company Health and Safety procedures.
- To ensure that installation, commissioning and/or service reports are completed in a timely manner, making best use of the time available.
- Well presented. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- A clear focus on high quality and the task at hand.
- Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Keen to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
To apply, send your CV, your salary expectation and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.