Location: FTV PIL, Glenrothes, UK
Hours of work: Full-time - Monday to Thursday 8am - 4.30pm, Friday 8am - 1pm
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our engineering team within the UK business. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
A market competitive salary will be offered depending on experience / qualifications. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life insurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Controlling all fabricated products from concept through to completion to accommodate the desired fabrication tolerances of the finished product. Optimising the fabrication methodology to streamline manufacture and producing the necessary structural calculations to document the safe handling and loading of the jigs, as required.
- Draughting of technically correct and dimensionally accurate drawings for production use and inclusion in bid packages.
- Performing and documenting contract reviews of project technical specifications, drawings, purchase orders and national standards to validate compliance. Providing feedback on any design observations to specific bids and contracts.
- Facilitating project bid reviews by providing a full technical appraisal of the design related project requirements at an enquiry stage.
- Producing technically correct and dimensionally accurate high pressure flange drawings in accordance with specified standards, API, ASME, etc. Creating drawings to satisfy our internal manufacturing requirements and the applicable client or national standards.
- Liaising directly with the client and internal departments with regard to design requirements.
- Overseeing of fabrication acceptance tests and commission of jig designs and fabrication methodology.
- Representing the company as the design engineering authority (both internally and externally with clients).
- Assisting our clients with the design of fabricated products, such as manifold or flow spool components. Providing direction on product selections and fabrication conditions to optimise the design of the fabricated product.
- Supporting the continuous development and improvement of design related procedures and policies that will enhance business practices.
- Contributing to the annual departmental business plans with aims and objectives to satisfy the business needs. Managing timescales and budgets for allocated business plan projects.
- Managing allocated research and product development projects to a successful conclusion within the agreed schedule and budget.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience in a similar role.
- CAD design experience is essential.
- Have experience in Microsoft outlook, word, and excel packages.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Ideally the candidates would be degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector is desirable but not essential.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Well organised, able to plan own workload and manage their own work time.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and competing priorities.
- Team player.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role. The closing date for this vacancy is 24th January 2020.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
We will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role. Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.